Soft fluffy dinner rolls
Soft fluffy homemade Dinner rolls
Soft fluffy dinner rolls are the perfect side for any meal.
There is nothing better than a warm soft dinner roll dunked in a hot spicy soup or dolloped with a good helping of lemon crud.
These homemade dinner rolls use a few staple ingredients that you probably have in the pantry already
Softy fluffy dinner rolls
Ingredients that you will need are
Flour – All purpose or bread flour
Sugar – white granulated
Butter – I use salted butter, unsalted is fine too
Egg – at room temperature
Milk – warmed
Yeast – instant dry yeast
If you do not have any instant dry yeast you can use Active dry yeast you just need to activate it first by add it in to your warm milk and let it sit for 5 minutes
Making the dough
I make my dinner rolls in my bread machine on the dough setting (because I am not a big fan of kneading dough) you can also do it in stand mixer or do it by hand.
The process is that same however you do it.
Bread machine – Place all ingredients into your bread machine and set the dough setting then leave it to do its thing. My bread machine takes 1hour 30 minute.
Stand mixer – Place all ingredients in the bowl and using the dough attachment, turn the mixer on to the lowest speed for the first minute, once the dough has come together turn up to medium and let mix for 8 minutes. Cover bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
Mixing by hand – add all ingredient to a larger bowl and mix with a wooden spoon, once it gets too hard to mix dump out on bench and knead by hand for around 10 -12 minutes.
The dough should be slightly sticky so if you a kneading by hand try not to add to much more flour when kneading as the roll will not come out as fluffy.
Shaping the dinner rolls
Once your dough has doubled in size. (after about 1 hour) Flour your work surface and punch down your dough.
Dived your dough into even pieces
Roll into ball by placing dough in the palm of your hand and rolling on the bench.
Place your shaped dinner roll on to a greased pan with a 1/2 -inch gap between so as they rise, they will touch and push up on to each other.
I like to brush the rolls with milk just before put them in the oven to bake, but this step is not necessary.
Bake in a preheated 180 °C (355 °F) oven for around 15 -18 minutes until golden.
As soon as you remove the cooked dinner rolls from the oven brush with melted butter and leave to cool slightly before serving.
These dinner rolls are a great size for little hand and make a great lunch roll for the kids filled with ham, cheese, and lettuce.
NEED MORE SWEET AS CREATIONS? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Pinterest for the latest updates.
Soft fluffy dinner rolls
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons milk 280ml Warmed
- 50 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon yeast
- 3 cups flour 450g
- 1 tablespoon melted butter To brush on dinner rolls once cooked.
- For a bread machine– Add all ingredients to the bread machine pan, set to dough setting and start. It will take about 1hour 30 minutes.
- With a stand mixer– place all ingredients in the bowl and using the dough attachment, turn the mixer on to the lowest speed for the first minute, once the dough has come together turn up to medium and let mix for 8 minutes. Cover bowl and let rest for 1 hour.
- Mixing by hand – add all ingredient to a larger bowl and mix with a wooden spoon, once it gets too hard to mix dump out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead by handed for around 10 -12 minutes. The dough should be slightly sticky. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
Shaping the rolls
- Once the dough has doubled in size (about an hour). Punch down the dough and roll in to 12 -15 even balls. Place on a greased baking tray with a ½-inch gap in between each ball. Cover and let rise for 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (355°F)
- Bake for 15 -18 minutes, until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and brush with melted butter.
Check out some of my other sweet as creations